After being the First airline to launch Commercial Airbus A380 flights to India last year, trendsetter Singapore Airlines – One of only seven airlines in the world with a 5 Star rating gave a preview of its new Premium Economy Seats at an exclusive event in Mumbai today hosted by David Lau, the India General Manager for SQ.
Singapore Airlines is introducing this premium seating on its New Delhi & Mumbai routes starting 25th October 2015 and 2nd January 2016 respectively.
SQ will remove 66 Economy Class seats and retrofit the Premium Economy seating on 19 of their existing Airbus A380s & Boeing 777-300ERs. Their soon-to-be-delivered batch of first 20 Airbus A350s will have the Premium seating from day 1.
Their contemporary & stylish Premium Economy Class cabin & seating is a result of their Two Year development program costing about USD $80 Million.
Instead of me doing disservice to SQ’s hard work, by merely quoting seating width, dimensions and the like I would much rather like to direct you to checkout for yourself their absolutely beautiful, detailed demos of the seating & other specifics on SIApremiumeconomy.com
Further detailing the launch, David Lau explained:
- India is a price-sensitive Economy (Y) and Economy+ (Premium Economy) market.
- While this product is not targeted at corporates or businessmen, it is for the economy traveller looking for a slightly premium experience.
- SQ will pamper your palate with a variety of food & beverage options including an assortment of wines and Ernest Rapeneau Brut Prestige Champagne
- Priority Check-in, Boarding & baggage handling with a 35kg baggage allowance
- This is NOT a J– (Business Class minus) but a Y+ (Premium Economy) as the SQ Business Class offers lie-flat seats
- Premium Economy fliers won’t get free lounge access, it can be accessed with an additional fee
- KrisFlyer members buying a Y+ return ticket will get a free Y+ ticket on Vistara (until 31st Dec 2015)
- 10% additional KrisFlyer miles
The following are Singapore Airlines’ special launch fares valid till March 2016
|Destination (ex-Mumbai/Delhi)||Premium Economy||Economy Class|
|Singapore||Rs. 45,000||Rs. 28,000|
|Hong Kong||Rs. 50,000||Rs. 33,000|
|Sydney||Rs. 88,000||Rs. 60,000|
|Auckland||Rs. 1,10,000||Rs. 75,000|
|Los Angeles||Rs. 1,35,000||Rs. 85,000|